Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fair with a chance of thunder showers

I got up today all excited and ready to go to the Nebraska State Fair,  but it was raining..... OK - not just raining - thunder - lightning - the whole show.  I could see that there was an opening in the clouds way off to the north west.  So I went for a ride.  I got lost on some REALLY back roads and found some nice things.

Hey look - a place for captions!!  OK - it's a train.


Down the road I found this cool fishing pond.  Wasn't it nice of a fish to make the waves just for me?

Fishing Pond off Rt 58 sort of
After wandering the roads for a while I headed back to Grand Island and headed into the Fair. 

I walked for miles..... no photo ops.  Lots of cool animals, but all had ropes, wires, poles, bars, you name it in the way.  I did see the biggest pig I've ever seen.  This thing was HUGE - but sleeping and just not photo worthy, but it was REALLY BIG and that was cool.  So I ate a corn dog.  It was great!  I walked some more.  Lots of cool rides.  Good for night shots..... I'll be back.  I ate a deep fried Twinky!!!!!  Have you ever had a deep fried Twinky??????  I can't describe the amazingness........ 

I gave up and headed out.  It took a while because I had no idea where I had parked my truck..... yeah....... moron.  I'm going to try to get back tomorrow night for some ride shots.  I was planning on tonight - but it's raining again and I don't feel like standing out there with a metal tripod lightning rod. 

More tomorrow.  Maybe I'll have another Twinky, maybe I'll remember where I park.  The excitement must be killing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment