Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Going Home


I spent one week in Yellowstone with my wife, Ria.  I spent a second week in Yellowstone with 8 amazing students.  Doesn't it make perfect sense that when I started home today from Jackson, Wyoming, I went through Yellowstone?  It was on the way...... sort of........

I guess I just needed to say goodbye.  That place knocks me out.  So here's what happened.  I wanted to shoot Oxbow Bend in the Grand Tetons one last time sinse everybody was going crazy over the changing aspens.  Here's the shot:
Yeah - I think it was worth it too.

I was half way to Yellowstone sooooooo.......

It was really hot today and the light really wasn't special.  Add to that the total lack of clouds and my lack of time and you can see why I pretty much decided to just drive through the geyser basin and say my goodbyes.  I stopped for something to eat at Old Faithful.  I ordered a cheese burger to go.  It might not have been great out - but this was Yellowstone and I wasn't going to spend my limited time inside a restaurant.  I parked over by Old Faithful just for the heck of it and started to chow down.  The geyser went off just then,  Just for me.  OK, there were about a hundred other people around, but it felt like it was just for me.  I love Yellowstone.  That's all I'm saying.  That was the best cheeseburger I've ever had.
Heron Lift-off

Here are some photos from last week in Yellowstone:

Grizzly in Hayden Valley
                                      
Castle Geyser
My first vertical pano!






I think he liked me


 Here are a few from the Grand Tetons:






When I get home maybe I'll post some more and we can talk about the tech stuff.  For now, I'm gonna get some sleep.  It's been a long trip.

Oh yeah - and I promise to figure out how to align these photos!!



No comments:

Post a Comment