Search This Blog

Thursday, September 9, 2010

National Park(ing lots)

I went to Glacier National Park the other day.  It was one long line of cars.  This was after Labor Day.  Very frustrating.  I pulled off only in places that no other cars were - just to get off alone - just to be contrary.

I got 2 shots I like.  Here they are:

Avalanche Creek
McDonald Falls

Hey, but don't get me wrong.  I still love the National Parks.  I love that they exist to preserve some of the most inspiring and spectacular nature this country has.  I love that they protect wildlife. I love that they give people the opportunity to immerse themselves in the beauty and wonderment of our country.  

It's just that I dig being lost in the middle of nowhere.  Places that people call home but don't see as...well... scenery.  Sometimes it's hard to enjoy nature amongst tons of cars and hoards of people.  Of course, there are exceptions (Yellowstone), parks so unusual (Yellowstone), and beautiful (Yellowstone), that I would enjoy them even during the busiest season.  I hope to get back to Glacier someday - probably in the late spring.  I do like mountains with more snow. 

I gotta say though that I love driving the 2 lane highways looking for the rare photos.  It's my way of hunting I guess.  You don't get to shoot as much, but those special finds are SO special!!

Here are a few from yesterday:

Bull River off Rt 56 in Montana

Rail Link Engines Rt 200 Montana

I've spent the last 3 weeks wandering the back roads of America's heartland.  I've loved every second of it.  I've shot some photographs I can be proud of.  Now it's time for a change.  I get to go somewhere special,  somewhere I love.


YELLOWSTONE!!!!!

So stay tuned for wildlife and wild scenes.  That is if I can find wifi.

No comments:

Post a Comment