Search This Blog

Thursday, September 8, 2011

No Rain in Maine!!!!

I made it to the other coast!!!!  Yes Californians - there is another coast!!!!  I have to get used to the ocean being on the right when I'm headed North again. 

So it rained all day yesterday again.  I took more rain shots - here are a few:

New York State
Noyes Pond, Massachusetts
New England Rock Wall - Mass
  Again - I tried my best to use the rain - not just as a shower..... 

The flooding is really bad.  Seriously - I feel sorry for the people who live in those areas.  I had to find new routes three times.  No detours or anything - just a road closed sign or no road.  I'm actually not sure about Noyes Pond.  On the map - it sorta seemed like I was east of where that pond should have been.  That might have just been a flooded area - there were so many......  The rivers are amazing - even the little streams look like rushing rivers.  I didn't shoot any because they're full of mud and debris.  They just don't translate to good photos.

Today as I crossed the Maine border the rain stopped.  No kidding - really.  How cool is that??

I shot 3 views of my favorite light house in York Harbor.  It's called the Nubble or Nedick Light.  Nope - I don't know why.  The square shot is a double pano - about 30 pics!! 




Lemmeknow what you think!!  Jackie managed to leave a comment!!!!!  Thanks JRO!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi David, looks like you are getting some gorgeous shots. I love the double pano. VERY cool. Ruthie looks great. Fun to finally see a photo of her. Ria must be there now. Sorry to miss the fabulous adventure but I am loving the blog. Happy trip. XO bk

    ReplyDelete