Search This Blog

Thursday, August 25, 2011

On The Road Again.......


Did you ever notice that you can change Willy's words from "The life I love is making music with my friends...." to "The life I love is taking pictures with my friends...." and the song still works?

I’m back on the road, in the saddle, in the groove…. Well grooving on the road anyway.  No more rats….. ok – one more rat (or two)



Or  three


OK – there will be rats, there will always be rats.  It’s just a fact.  Deal with it.

This trip takes us to the coast of Maine and Shenandoah National Park and everywhere in between.  If you have been reading this thing – then you know it’s the in between I love the best, although this whole trip is sort of in between.  Happy happy happy.

Today was day one.  I didn’t expect to shoot.  I got a late start and decided to just take the 15 North to get out of California and into Utah.  It was 120 degrees in the desert.  I really didn’t want to stop.

Ansel Adams once said that his greatest gift was always coming around a corner just as a photograph was about to happen.  Please know – I am NOT equating myself with the deity of landscape photography.  I’m just thinking maybe he was around today and I caught a little of his luck.  I got to Kolob Canyon about 10 minutes before sunset.  I had exactly 1 minute to set up and get this pano.  Seriously - look where the shadow is on the big rocks.


I love being on the road; at the whim of the gods of light and good fortune.  Who knows how many shots I whizzed by at 85 mph, but I got this one. 

It begins……..

No comments:

Post a Comment