Search This Blog

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Got Clouds?

Yesterday was one of those  in between days - not a lot to shoot.  I kinda like this one.  I like the way the cloud on the left just sits on top of the hill echoing the shape.


There were other shots but nothing to write home about.  Is this home?  Anyway -  Last night I worked the South rim of Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. This morning  found me on the North rim. You can't cross the canyon anywhere.  The roads in are about 30 miles apart.  How cool is that?.

Here are a few pics:

   
South side
North side - this one's a double pano

North again - Vertical pano
Black Canyon was one of my dad's favorite places.  Until this trip I didn't get it.  Sometimes you can see a place a whole bunch of times before you really see it.  I think he would have liked the shots from the north rim.  He liked the drama of the place and those two kinda bring that out.

I don't know if Irene had anything to do with it, but the clouds were great yesterday and today.  I drove through an amazing thunder storm coming through Monarch Pass.  It's over 11000 feet.  There were actually patches of snow!!

Here are a few more from today:






Without clouds they just wouldn't be very good at all.  Sorry East Coast - I hope it wasn't your hurricane I was thanking.


Tomorrow I'm spending the day at thew Colorado State Fair.....  Fried Twinkies..... Yummmmmmmmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment